Master I
I was huge in the midst of them, sitting on the chair of the tiny little bench in the first grade. This year I started them, the children of the first. And as always I'm excited. I took them still wanted my mother. Some Last year a girl was crying because she was afraid of my mustache and my natural grandeur. Start with a first is always a new adventure. For me it was the last time, since the board is here and I can not accompany them up to fifth. Among students who entered the first three or four mobile phone and computer use. After each cycle
leave them in the fifth they were kids. Five years together, every day to teach them to "read, write and count," as it was when I started being a teacher,
Now everything has changed, you are working with other colleagues who teach English, education for coexistence , set theory, computer science. But the goal remains the same: to children grow up well, because then they can walk alone and be able to make good choices.
I remember that morning of October 1, 1973. My first day as a teacher role, a second class. Hair a bit 'long sideburns, sunglasses and jeans, but I had the jacket, because a teacher had to present well. I went in, introduced myself, I spoke with the students and after half an 'hour came the panic. "Now what do I do?". I had a degree of master, I was earning a degree in humanities (I have never graduated), but no one had taught me to teach. Fortunately, I received good advice from my father, the master Giagnorio. -Children, I said, now let's make a beautiful design. And so I overcame panic and started my career. The year before I did after school, gave me a reward of 12,000 pounds, but they wanted to make points for the competition to register.
My father Matthew was not there. most had been for all of Mr. Master. I am the master and that's it, and so many guys call me for some years also by name: Mich. Now that the principals are called leaders we are called professors. But I prefer to be called maestro.E 'a difficult job, but rewarding because they educate their children, seeing them grow and become curious is the greatest thing in the world.
From the first day of service in the country where the authorities were the mayor, the marshal, the pastor, the pharmacist, the doctor was also the teacher Michele. Italian and taught math, history and geography, drawing and physical education. The children of peasants learned to read and write, then went to work in the country or emigrated to Germany. Things changed when his parents, Fiat workers or professionals, they wanted a different future for their children.
I found myself making a substitution in the last three months in a fifth class. In the end I did nothing but add up the votes, average, and three students were so inadequate and rejected. The director called me:-Do you know that if he sends them to the average three dropped out of school and go to work immediately? Rewrote judgments, not bocciai anyone.
If at the end of the year sees that three or four children are on par with some difficulty the other, can claim to have worked well. But the teacher who works alone is no longer able to teach children who are no longer those of the past. Society has changed, the parents live in anxiety and transmit it to children. -When you start with English?. This question can not reply if you teacher is unique. But now I think the school organization has some shortcomings: for 12 children before, there are four teachers.
thousand memories, a life master.
disdain for the feasts of greeting made me feel too bad and took me a piece of life I once received a gift purchased a leather belt with the savings of the students on a stand, the only gift of a career. But I that the belt 'I have always worn with pride.
Master with 41 years of service, salary of 1700 euro per month, with deductions for dependents, the other week he came to my house Maximus, one of my former student, to monitor the electrical system. Fifty € material, 700 labor, two days of work. -You know that I, to gain time, it takes me two weeks? Luigi repairing boilers took me 120 euro for half an hour of work.
As a teacher you live near the poverty line. The new teachers have a salary of 1,100 € 500 € and it takes a month to rent an apartment. And now we are also lazy! I wonder, "If it were not for school, what would become of our children? The first day of school we teach them to raise their hand before speaking. Only in this way can be heard. Nobody listens to the children of today. Already in elementary school are three or four hours a day watching TV and at the table listening to music with the iPod because both parents speak of their business.
We see in some school gates and cameras, as some teachers were assaulted and beaten by some parents. The cause? A note on the diary or a scolding.
Once the teacher was like a second father to respect that you had against him and especially for the trust. Now the parents think their children are omnipotent and unpunished, my teacher used a few times get tough and no parent dared to complain, was for the good of the students, was a "necessary act".
The boys, after the fifth , pass to the middle and even greet you. But then, as adults, come to find you to tell their problems. embarrass you when you ask:-Do you remember me?. And I'm lanky six feet. professors-I medium, say, to be forgotten, not the teacher. The satisfaction of a teacher in the performance of his work does not need to buy a new car, but are good for the heart. One of my sons one day Dad told me why you have not done .- 's hydraulic'd be rich. "
As a teacher I always tried to talk to all without ever going outside the lines and over time I upgraded my method of making it more attractive to children.
I loved my job so much. During my career I will be absent no more than thirty days. Often children relax me and the lesson time ran fast and we had fun together.
not deny that when in June will finish my career I will miss their cries, their tears, their smiles.
much good, but how bad can a teacher do to a child, just a word spoken in a tone wrong, made a reproach with a mean look, yelled out a place and everything is compromised.
I think I have left an indelible mark of love for school and never have to waste.
I had an abusive teacher in first grade unprepared and I did not understand what the teacher has to do with children on a human level, educational and social skills, how and what should not teach, what not to do for him to hate.
Perhaps those negative attitudes in the relationship with the students that first-grade teacher in the distant year of 1950 I was helpful ... I have often thanked.
0 comments:
Post a Comment